Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A wave from a new friend.



For months now I have gone on a prayer walk around Northminster Church. 

Since September I have seen this one young girl standing on a corner waiting for the school bus.

She would never say much to me. She would however acknowledge the fact that I would say good morning to her.

Never a smile or any encouraging sign was ever a part of the routine.

The one thing she would do on most mornings would be to ask me what time it was.

I would respond with the time as she waited for the bus.

Then one day it occurred to me to get her a watch.

I had an old watch of mine buried in my backpack.

So one day last week I couldn't wait to see her and give her the watch.

As I approached her I said I had a gift for her. I wanted her to have my old watch so she would never have to guess what time it was.

She very politely thanked me for the watch.

So on Monday as I was walking down the street I looked and saw something I had never seen before.

The girl was waiving her hands and smiling at me!

It made my day!

I think I might have a new friend at the bus stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment