Monday, November 5, 2012

Wake Up!

It's amazing to think what can happen before 7:00 am!

I started the day as usual.

When I arrived at the intersection of Brookland Park and Chamberlayne I saw an individual who hadn't seen for almost a week.

There was this man walking briskly along the road with a bag hanging in his hand.

I have seen this man walking along quit frequently when driving around the Northside.

This morning I was convinced to take a chance. I made a u turn and chased the man down. I yelled out my window "Do you want a ride? I see you walking to work all the time." He looked puzzled but willing. He said "yes".

He hopped into the car and introduced himself as Mel. He said he worked at Kloke Moving Company. Kloke was located a couple of miles down the road behind the bus station.

We had a great time together and he said he played music. I then began to say to myself I need to get him to see our band at Church.

We parted ways and I said I would see him again soon.

I drove off excited about a new friend in the neighborhood. As I was passing the bus station I saw Jerry on the sidewalk.

I pulled over and asked Jerry to sit in the car and chat. I asked how he was doing and where did he sleep last night? He shared that he was out at the bench and went inside after it got colder. Earlier in the weekend he was at the cold weather shelter.

I then asked him if he would be willing to go on a retreat for a week at a camp. I shared the idea that there would be a bed, three meals a day and some fun things to do.

His first response was to say he had Dr appts. I said what if you didn't have any appts. He then turned and said "yes". As I drove off he said "Thanks for caring!"

I am more than ever determined to see this Dream come true!

All this took place before 7:00 am!

You have to wake up early to see what God is up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment