Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Trash bag of cans!

One thing I notice quit frequently on my prayer drive are the number of folks picking up cans from the streets and garbage bins.

They carry these large garbage bags over their shoulders and walk up and down the streets looking for cans.

This is not a sight I see in Chesterfield or surrounding counties!

I assume they will take the cans and turn them in to cash!

Keep in mind I don't know the person or the circumstances, but I thought to my self; I admire that person who would get up early in the morning before 7am and wonder the streets picking up cans.

Sure it may be for the wrong motives, but I don't know that.

What I do know is that someone is getting up and doing something!

They aren't sitting around waiting for a handout. They are actually doing something!

It may not seem like a lot, but the fact that they are taking some intiative is huge!

A side benefit is that there is a little less trash on the streets.

Again I don't know the full story, but it struck me that these people were actually motivated to get up and go out!

So a trash bag full of cans could be a huge step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment