Wednesday, November 7, 2012

One of those days!



Yesterday was one of those days I will always cherish!

It started about 2am Tuesday morning when I couldn't sleep.

I got up and noticed there was a voice mail that had been left on my cell phone at about midnight!

I listened to the voice mail. It was from Jerry, the homeless guy who sleeps on a bench out front of the bus station.

He wanted to have breakfast together in the morning!

He also made a point of saying that he was cold! He said if I wanted to, I could come pick him up.

This was very hard to hear! I didn't know what to do!

Keep in mind it's 2am!!!

I spent the next hour praying and reading scripture, asking God to tell me if I should go!

I decided to hold off till about 6am to get ready. I knew that I had to set some boundaries.

While driving I called Charles for his help. He was going to meet me at the bus station.

I finally got to the bus station around 6:45 am!

I found Jerry and Tina awake. They began to pack up their belongings and put them away. Tina took off and I asked Jerry if she was going to join us?

He said yes but she needed to do something. I had my doubts because I had tried several times before to have Tina join us.

This time as a result of others praying, Tina came back and had breakfast with Jerry and myself.

Meanwhile Charles had to leave to go to another meeting because the process took some time to get Tina and Jerry ready to go.

So Jerry, Tina and I had an awesome time getting to know one another over breakfast.

Why is this so significant you might ask?

Tina does not socialize with anyone. Jerry will not go any where without Tina being looked after.

The two of them are a pair. On the streets you are always looking for a companion. The streets are a very difficult place to be alone!

Breakfast was a huge step in building a relationship and trust!

Tuesday was one of those days I will cherish in this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment