Friday, November 9, 2012

How Starbucks's hot chocolate might just save a life or two!


This past Tuesday I was having Breakfast with Jerry and Tina, who are homeless and live on a bench outside the bus station.

During breakfast Tina asked the waitress if they had "real hot chocolate"?


The waitress responded by saying no they didn't.

For some reason this morning I remembered that thought.

I made a point of trying to find a place that serves real hot chocolate!

I went to Google like any nerd would and did a search!

Starbucks's was the most logical choice.

I went by and purchased a large cup of real hot chocolate and then went to find Tina.

I found her sitting in a McDonald's on Broad st. I told her to come outside and I would give her a cup of real hot chocolate!

She was surprised and we enjoyed a brief conversation together.

I left hoping that I had made a little more headway with Tina.

If I can earn the trust of Tina and be able to help her, then I can get some help for Jerry as well.

So one cup of hot chocolate might just save two lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment