Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Gardener!




Over the summer, Embrace Richmond working with Northminster started a garden in the courtyard of the Church.

On my morning walks it is often that I will see the regular crew going through the gate into the garden.

This past Wednesday I noticed an individual that I had never seen before pass through the gate.

Unfortunately I began to immediately think to myself was he supposed to be there?

I passed by and didn't think much more about it.

Later that day I went to the prayer walk on Brookland Park.

To my surprise as we were waiting for folks to show up, the same guy that I saw at the garden walked up to join us.

I asked if he was at the garden this morning. 

He smiled and said yes!

Richard is his name and he lives in the neighborhood. He has volunteered to help with the garden.

Richard joined us on our prayer walk handing out fresh vegetables to some of the folks we met along the way.

I love seeing the local residents extending the fruit of their labor to others!

It was fun being with Richard the Gardener!

No comments:

Post a Comment