Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Is it rude to fall asleep at the dinner table?



When I was a teenager, I remember my Uncle Ned falling asleep at the dinner table quite often.

It wasn't until recently some 35 years later, that I have begun to truly understand why!

Uncle Ned used to get up every morning at about 4 or 5am.

This was the time he spent with God!

If dinner was served late around 8pm, then you can bet an hour or so later he would start to nod off.

I love my Uncle and more so today, because of my understanding of why he would fall asleep at the table.

About two months ago I started getting up at 5am to read the bible and pray. I then proceed to the Northside.

My wife now complains about me going to bed at 9pm or sometimes earlier!

I have no regrets because my life has never been better!

I used to think Uncle Ned was crazy.

Now I appreciate him more than ever!

If it's rude to fall asleep than I will gladly live that kind of life!




No comments:

Post a Comment