Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dog poop!



In today's society it is politically correct to pick up your dog's poop in public places.

It may be the reason that I don't walk my dogs in public!

One of the crazy things I like to do on my prayer walk around Northminster is approach the dog walkers.

Whenever I see a dog owner carrying a weighted plastic bag, I approach them and ask if they would like to deposit the bag in the bucket of trash that I carry. 

Most folks are very appreciative of the gesture!

Then there was the day that a woman was jogging with her dog on a leash.

As she came towards me the weighted baggie was tossing back and forth from her hand.

I approached her and extended my bucket out and she seemed somewhat startled!

If you really think about it I don't blame her in the least!

It can be a rough neighborhood, it's pretty early in the morning and she has no idea who I am or what I am doing!

After the encounter, I thought to myself that I really blew it with her!

It wasn't a couple of weeks later that she and her husband came out early to walk their dog. As they passed by me along their walk the husband made a point of talking to me. 

He expressed his appreciation to me for picking up the trash!

We extended our morning greetings and they went on their way.

Maybe he was doing reconnaissance on me!

Since then the wife has been very cordial on her runs when she passes by, but she has yet to make a deposit in my bucket!

PS The other day I chuckled as I saw a dog owner pass by in a car with his hand out the window holding onto his little baggie of poop!





No comments:

Post a Comment