Saturday, September 8, 2012

Impact - One life at a time!

I struggle with wanting BIG things to happen fast!

I want to see homelessness solved yesterday!

I know God is going to move in big ways and he is already setting things up!

I can visualize things happening for lots of people all at once!

Jeff suggested to me - one person at a time!

Last week Charles contacted me about a girl needing some back to school clothes and supplies. He wanted to see if someone from the church would help her out. Her living circumstances were horrific!

I thought about what Jeff said "One person at a time".

I put the need on Facebook and I got responses right away!

The young teenager lives in Essex Village, a very rough neighborhood! As a matter a fact a few months ago there was a murder there.

This young woman lives with her mother, a drug addict and the apartment is filled with people all the time. The type of situation you would never wish on anyone.

A place where there is no privacy, no place to get away!

The sad fact is that this teenager never did anything to deserve her circumstances! I have seen a few situations now that make my heart ache for the children involved.

The children are the innocent victims of their parents bad behavior!

I am a child of parents who got divorced when I was a teenager, but nothing like that comes even close to the situations I have been exposed to recently.

Last night two suburban moms reached out to this young woman and made her feel loved! The moms got to see first hand what life for this young woman is like.

A small act of kindness can go a long way in a person's life. That one act may never be forgotten.

I want to say thanks to Melissa and Gayla for stepping out of their comfort zone and going where most (I was one of them!) would never go. They chose to share Christ's love with a complete stranger!

I pray for the young woman and that she will come to see a much better life in the near future! That she would come to know the true meaning of love!

One life was reached out to, but several lives were impacted by a small act of kindness!

Pray
"your kingdom come,
your will be done
    on earth as it is in heaven." Matt 6:10 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment