Sunday, September 16, 2012

The copmobile!


The other morning on my prayer drive, I left Barton Heights headed towards downtown.

I was driving down North Ave headed into Gilpin Court.

I spotted a gentleman on the side of the road who was flagging me down.

Should I stop or not?

I took a chance and pulled over to see what he wanted.

He asked me for a ride down the road. I agreed with some hesitation.

He got in the car and immediately he asked "Are you a cop?"

I said "No, but I get that a lot!"

He explained that I was in a pretty rough area of town. 

What he was really saying is that some white dude driving through the hood at that hour had to be a cop!

He then proceeded to open up to me about the struggles he was having.

He said that he was headed to see his young kids and his wife. He had two roses in his hand.

He said that he had really screwed up and was about to loose his family.

You could tell he was in distress!

It was a short drive down the hill and he asked to be let out near the woods.

I knew he didn't want to be seen getting out of my car.

I wished him the best and he ran out the car.

I really felt for this man and his family. I asked God to be with him and I have prayed for him every morning since that day!

I had to stop and think why did he get out the car so fast?

Then I realized it, he didn't want anybody else thinking he was getting out of a cop car!

He would have to answer a lot of tough questions!

I never knew the police department had adopted the Prius as part of their fleet!

At least they get good gas mileage!










No comments:

Post a Comment