Monday, October 22, 2012

I don't remember what I have prayed for!


Now that it has been almost eight months, it's fun to go back and read the prayers that I wrote about in my blog.

What does it look like to help other non-profits and Churches?

I am seeing so many answers to prayers that I have to admit, that I had forgotten what I prayed about!

It must be old age!

I must thank Lil for encouraging me to write my blog!

This is amazing to read! God is GREAT!

The blog serves as a kinda prayer journal!

Some answers to the prayers of the post mentioned above.

Post back in March:During my prayer walk today I got the impression to pursuing how we as a church can partner with other churches to make a difference...ie Northminster and reaching the community. What if we could help them fill their building? Think of what that would mean for the kingdom. Yard sale, concert, coop, services etc...

Answer: I have had the opportunity to share what God is doing at Atlee with the leadership team of Northminster. I am leading a small group at Northminster. There is a food co-op that now exists at Northminster!

Post back in March:Then I recalled an email I just received last night asking for help for another church that was hurting financially.

Answer: I shared with that church what we at Atlee have seen. It has been an amazing culture change towards generosity as a result of everyone's faithfulness to God! Today I received another email asking me to speak with other church leaders about the same! 

Post back in March: Can we all just get along to further the kingdom? What does it look like to help others in what they are doing? Northminster, Hands up ministries, Embrace Richmond , Other Churches

Answer:I have witnessed amazing things happening at Northminster, Hands Up Ministries, and Embrace Richmond. 

I have come to know so many great new friends at Northminster. I feel like Northminster is a second home to me! I sense that God is on the move in a BIG way at Northminster!

I have seen HUM grow to several more homes than when I first met Cassie nine months ago. I have seen Atlee step up in amazing ways to partner with her.

Embrace Richmond has been a true joy to work with and to see that they finally have a chance to have a presence on Brookland Park is an answer to many prayers.

Post in March:Who else can we come along and help? God please send them! Give us wisdom and clear vision as to where you want us to go and who we can help.

I did ask "God please send them" in my post!

So one of the answers I didn't expect was a request from a small church in Scottsville, Va. 

Effort Church - Scottsville called to ask Atlee, if we would ever consider a merger with them.

Now just a few WEEKS later, Atlee Community Church Scottsville will come in to being on Friday October 26, 2012!

Prayers do get answered!

As I write this post I get more and more excited about what the future holds and how the prayers and dreams to end homelessness in Richmond will be DONE!


God is just waiting to answer your prayers!

Please write them down so you won't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment