Saturday, October 13, 2012

Change must happen in your heart first before it can happen in the city!



On Thursday I received an email from a good friend.

He said he saw my friend Robert walking to work on Meadowbridge RD that morning.

This is a follow up from a blog post last month!
The Burger King Challenge

My friend said he went that way to work by chance because there was a wreck on the interstate so he took an alternate route.

Unfortunately he didn't have time to stop that morning and give Robert a ride, but the best part of the email was yet to come.

My friend ended his email by saying " I can't wait till tomorrow morning!"

I then anxiously waited to hear from him, how Friday morning would go. I started to pray about all the possibilities.

I finally received an email from my friend about 10am yesterday.

Unfortunately Robert was not seen walking to work that day.

What excites me more about the events of that day are as follows.

My friend went to bed Thursday night looking forward to the possibilities for Friday morning!

He got up earlier than usual that morning to allow for more time. He then drove a different route to work to meet a perfect stranger and give him a ride to work!

It didn't unfold the way he wanted it to, but I see it differently!

My friend was open to new possibilities! He was willing to consider something out of his comfort zone! He was willing to show kindness to a perfect stranger!

Last night my friend called me to tell me "NBC12 on your side" was taking nominations for persons who needed a car. NBC 12 was partnering with Conner Brothers and Recycled Rides to provide a car to a family in need.
NBC12 nominate-a-family-in-need-of-a-vehicle-conner-brothers-recycled-rides

How cool would it be to see Robert get a car!

I don't have all the details or answers, but what if!

I am willing to fill in the blanks, if NBC12 or Conner Brothers are willing to consider the nomination.

Would you consider nominating Robert for a car?

Just go to the website and fill in the forms.

NBC 12 Recycled Rides

PS. I would just say the nominee is Robert who works at Burger King in Mechanicsville. All the other answers just say you don't know.

PSS. Thanks K!

www.HyperSmash.com

No comments:

Post a Comment