Saturday, October 27, 2012

Follow up to whom are you praying for?

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post about a homeless gentleman who I took to breakfast one morning.

Don't believe everything you hear!

This gentleman refused an offer for a warm bed and a hot meal and instead decided to stay where he is at on a park bench in the cold across from the bus terminal.

I began to wonder what would it take to get him off the street. 

I began to pray!

I realized that one of the reasons he refuses to get off the street is that he has a relationship with a woman who lives on the streets with him.

The two of them can be found sleeping under several blankets on the bench in front of the Diamond!

Keep in mind that there is no shelter in Richmond that will take both of them in that I am aware of.

Dealing with the homeless is NOT a quick fix! 

You have to build relationships and trust in order to move forward.

I am trying to build that relationship as I go to the Alpha and Omega Church and see Jerry and Tina.

I am praying that they will get the help they need and want, and that they will experience the love of Christ in their lives.

Not my will, but His will be done!

I don't know what God is up to, but I do know that he has laid Jerry and Tina on my heart.

I assume that life off the streets is best for them, but I don't know what's best, but God does!

I know that God wants me to pray for Jerry and Tina!

Who are you praying for?

No comments:

Post a Comment