Saturday, October 20, 2012

Look what can happen in a week.



I love how God answers prayers!

They don't always get answered the way you might expect!

Last Saturday I wrote a post and this is a continuation of that particular post.

Change must happen in your heart first!

On Thursday I received an email from a good friend!

All it said was "Success today!"

I knew immediately what it meant. I was so excited!

I had been praying for Robert, the man who walks 7-8 miles one way to work, for weeks now!

The email meant that Robert got a ride to work that day from a complete stranger!

Later that afternoon I got a follow up email from my friend.

This is what it said:

It was a great start to the day. I had been going the back way everyday this week looking for him. Found out a lot about him (he will be 54 this Monday) , showed him where Atlee was and turns out he lives across the street from where we did 25 years ago. Worthwhile morning."

So picture this! 

My friend has been getting up early every day this week, driving out of his way, looking for a complete stranger and prepared to give him a ride to work.

On the other side of the equation, a 54 year man is willing to walk 7-8 miles to work one way, to Burger King in Mechanicsville. He starts out early in the morning in order to insure he arrives on time. It takes him 2 1/2 hours to get there! He's walking along Meadowbridge Road and a complete stranger calls out to him "Robert would you like a ride to Burger King?"

I love that God can answer prayers a whole lot better than anything I can expect!

PS Thanks KT!

PSS Don't forget that Robert's birthday is Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment