Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Stay on Mission

What does it mean to stay on Mission?

To stay on Mission means to do the work God has called you to do!

It also means to totally rely on Him!

What happens when we take our eyes off the ball?

This usually occurs, when things are not going the way you want them to or times are really tough!

One of the problems that I have experienced, is that I begin to focus on how to survive and not the mission itself.


I then try to do it on my own as a leader and then I loose focus. I get off coarse and don't even see it.

I stop relying on God!

I have been there and it doesn't work.


What did God call me to do in the first place?

Seth Godin said it well in a recent blog post that mostly business folks subscribe to, but I think it applies to Churches and Non-Profits.


Is catastrophizing effective?

Often, our instinct is to make the current bump in the road far more urgent than it actually is. It focuses our attention and rallies those around us to take immediate and deliberate action.

After all, if this is the big one, of course we should drop everything and deal with it.

Missing from this equation is the cost of dropping everything. The short-term herk and jerk that is delivered by an organization that responds to those that amplify problems into catastrophes inevitably leads to poor performance in the long run.

Employees who do this ought to be counseled to cut it out. It's not what we hired you to do. Bosses who catastrophize are often hesitant to admit it, though, and if you work for one, it's going to continually hurt your ability to do your best work.

And non-profits who catastrophize to meet their next funding goal inevitably sabotage the very work they set it out to do in the first place, all because it's an easy way to raise some extra money.

Let's all stay on Mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment