Friday, May 18, 2012

I've got Glossophobia!

It sounds REALLY bad! 

I've had it all my life!

Glossophobia or speech anxiety is the fear of public speaking according to Wikipedia!
Now most people know that I can't stand to be on the stage speaking! In school I would stay home sick rather than speak in front of my class. I also know that there are a LOT of people who have this fear as well.

I have never gotten over the fear of speaking in front of even the smallest of crowds. I even hate it more if I have to prepare what I am going to say or memorize a few lines.

However, I do love telling stories! I'm not talking about the type of stories that are not true!

I'm talking about stories of God moving. The bible is full of stories! Stories of God working in peoples lives.

I hope that this blog will become a story of how God moved in Richmond!

There are only a few times when I am willing to face my fears! Those moments are when I get to tell a story about what God is doing in my life and in the life of Atlee Community Church!

I got a call from Sammy, the Pastor of Northminster yesterday!

He wanted to know if I would be willing to speak with his leadership team about what is happening at Atlee as it pertains to this idea of generosity!

Without any hesitation I said I would love to!

I can't wait to tell the story!

I also know that God can help me overcome my Glossophobia!

No comments:

Post a Comment