Friday, May 11, 2012

I turned in my resume!

Today was an awesome day working with the men from The Healing Place! These men were all participating in the Caritas Works program.

I love the description from the website!

CARITAS Works has taken on the audacious task of preparing those exiting homelessness for transitional and long-term employment. Along the way we are revolutionizing individual lives and transforming Richmond - one student at a time.

A few weeks ago, I was asked to help perform mock interviews today with a few men. All of these men are just a few weeks away from graduating and entering back into the world of unemployment. They all have different stories and different paths of how they got there.

In no time they will need employment and affordable housing!

Two areas that I have been focusing on!

These men all shared in the path to recovery and the desire to start over! Their first step is to find a job.

Through the Caritas Works program they are trained on how to write a resume. They are also coached on how to conduct themselves during an interview. I was given a resume from each applicant and we performed an actual interview!

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone and it was a blast interviewing them.

I wished I had a job for all of them!

After each interview we would critique the session and discuss their strengths and make some suggestions for improvement.

I wish I had been given that kind of training years ago before I turned in my resume!

http://www.thpva.com/

http://www.caritasshelter.org/works.html

No comments:

Post a Comment