Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Very Challenging Day, but God is in Control!

Today started very early in the morning with the thought that I might have to put David back out on the street.

It's a very real struggle to do the very thing you are working so hard to prevent!

Ironic that I would have to put someone back where he came from.

I wrestled with the idea all morning long!

So at 5:45am I called Charles.

True definition of a friend is one that you can call at all hours and they will be there for you.

Charles is that friend.

We went to breakfast and discussed the situation.

We came away knowing what had to be done, due to the circumstances that had taken place.

I choose not to go into details.

I told Charles that it needed to wait a couple hours while I spent some time praying about it.

I went on my walk and sure enough God met me there!

There were a number of ways that He assured me of what I needed to do.

The greatest of all came from my friend, Geraldine (My Angel).

I hadn't seen her in months, but she showed up out of the blue.

There she was and we had an awesome time together in prayer.

My next steps were obvious and well planned by God.

Charles and I drove to my house and spoke with David.

We told him that we needed to take him to a hotel until he could find an alternate place to stay.

He was agreeable and thus we drove out to the airport to a hotel he recommended.

In the mean time several agencies are working to find him a place to stay.

He also has a disability check that came in the mail today.

It's enough for him to get his own place.

I never knew it would end this way, but I know God is in control and not me.

I was scared to death of how it was going to go down, but it couldn't have gone any better all things considered.

David is fine and is looking forward to meeting with some of the contacts we gave him.

It was a very challenging meeting, but it ended well and I know that God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment