Monday, July 15, 2013

I Won't Give Up!

Over the past week I have heard this theme of "Don't give up" in a number of conversations that I have had.

The other day a friend of mine said that the homeless ministry is "hard work".

Another friend said "stay the coarse".

Everyone expressed the challenges that come with working with the homeless.

Another said "this ministry is not for everyone".

One gave the advice to focus just on finding one person who wanted to change.

Look for the one and not the many.

If one sheep is lost won't the shepherd go after the one?

That one person who is found would then influence many others. 

Success is not measured in numbers like I am accustomed to.

It was suggested that God didn't reach every one.

Therefor not everyone will want to change.

Even one of Jesus' disciples turned on him.

This ministry is hard work, but well worth it.

I see God move in many ways as I walk this path.

Small signs that he is at work and sometimes even leaps and bounds.

I must continue to pray and ask for guidance.

It has it's challenges, but I won't give up as long as I know God has called me to serve the homeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment