Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bridge Builder

One thing that I hate to talk about with strangers some times is where I work.

The reason being is that they change their demeanor when they find out that I work for a church.

I understand it, but don't like it.

I want people to be themselves around me and not pretend to be someone else.

So I think I will change the name of my profession to bridge builder.

I want to build bridges between one another and with God.

Today I spoke with a lady on my prayer walk that I haven't spoken to in months if not a year.

We didn't talk about my vocation, but we did start building a bridge.

She has lived in her house since the early 1960's. 

She used to walk a lot, but now is limited because of her health.

She was outside pulling up weeds before it got too hot.

We had a great time getting to know each other.

She was pleasantly surprised to hear that I had moved into the neighborhood.

As a matter of fact, she was so surprised she thought I might have been someone else.

I assured her that I was the guy she spoke to a long while back.

We exchanged names and I went on my way.

Now I have a name to call this bridge.

Mrs Coward!

I am going to enjoy building some more bridges in the Northside.

No comments:

Post a Comment