Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sensitivity

In recent weeks I have tried to be more sensitive to God's leading.

Today on my prayer drive I sensed a need to go in a different direction as I sat at the stoplight in Highland Park.

The problem was that I was in the wrong lane. I was in the turn lane and not the other lane that went straight.

To complicate matters worse there were two cars in the other lane and a car behind me.

I went through the proverbial argument and said I can't go straight I'm in the wrong lane.

I need to stick to my normal route.

It then occurred to me just to step on the gas when the light turned green and go the way I was being led.

I am not suggesting you break any laws!

I went down brookland park and turned right onto 4th ave.

I wanted to go pray for the guys in a couple of the houses that Hands Up Ministries owns.

There are two of them on 4th ave.



As I pulled up along side one of the houses ready to make a turn, there was Roger coming out of his house.

I have known Roger for as long as I have been on this journey 1 1/2 yrs.

I asked him how he was doing.

He said his mother had just passed away this week.

He then asked if I was headed to Broad St.

Guess what my first response was? No!

You idiot! (I said that to myself not Roger!)

Then he proceeded to tell me about the death of his mother.

I then said get in the car and I will drive you to Broad St.

Sometimes I wonder how consumed I can be in my own world and not even see opportunities right in front of my face.

Roger and I had a great chat as we proceeded to his drop off spot on Broad.

I think he just needed someone to talk to.

As I dropped him off I told him I would be praying for him.

He appreciated the ride.

I hope the next time I can be more sensitive to God's leading and not miss out on what God wants to do in me and through me!

No comments:

Post a Comment