Tuesday, August 20, 2013

From Trash to a Blessing - Only God Can Do That!

I started my morning off reading a great article about prayer from Rick Warren.

In the article he mentions something about being specific in your prayer life.

I thought to my self that I had gotten away from that for a bit.

Let me back up to this past Sunday.

I came into work after being gone for a week. I found in the closet a large garbage bag of cans.

It put a smile on my face because I had asked Ras who works with me, if he could collect some cans from around the church for me.

I wrote about the cans a while back.

I took the bag of cans and placed them in my car.

Monday morning it was a little colder then usual for August and it was raining quite a bit. A dreary day!

I had prayed that morning that I would find a man collecting cans on the street. Chances were not very good seeing how it was raining and all.

I had almost finished my drive around the neighborhood when all of a sudden there was a man on the side of the road huddled up under a store front out of the weather.

He had a cart full of cans.

I rolled down my window and asked if he was collecting cans.

He said "Yes" emphatically!

I open the trunk and pulled out the large bags of cans.

He was smiling ear to ear.

He said "Bless you, Bless you".

He then introduced himself as Tom.

I told him I would be on the look out for him in the future.

Tom will make about $10 off that bag of cans.

Not only did God answer my prayers, but I realized that I was not always the one who liked to recycle.

As a matter of fact a friend from Church had suggested we recycle about a year ago.

I was hesitant at first because I didn't want to create more work for the staff.

It has turned out to be a great thing.

Thanks Cindy for taking the lead!

What's also interesting about it all is the fact that Tom will make a few bucks and the cans will still end up at the recycle plant.

So about a year ago the cans would have been thrown in the trash and now they have been turned into a blessing to Tom on the streets and we're recycling in more ways than one.


No comments:

Post a Comment