Friday, August 9, 2013

What's With Picking Up Trash In The Neighborhood?

For a long time I have been praying the Lord's prayer on my prayer walk through the neighborhood.

Matthew 6:9-13

King James Version (KJV)

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.


Yesterday God gave me some insight as to why.

Verse 10 jumped out at me "Thy kingdom come, as it is in heaven"

Then I asked myself why am I picking up trash. 

It's about opening doors to have a conversation with people and building relationships.

I am NOT just picking up trash!

Then came my next question to myself and God.

"Is there any trash in heaven?"

Of course not.

I continued down the road and saw a man sitting on his porch. I said hello and he responded kindly.

His next question caught me off guard.

"Is the street sweeper coming by this morning?"

He assumed I worked for the city picking up trash. I don't blame him because I was a little over dressed for the job at the time. I was headed to a conference.

I responded no and that I enjoyed doing this while I prayer walked.

I then stopped and decided to try something new. I asked.

"Do you think there is any trash in heaven?"

He responded right away no, not at all, no way.

I then replied "Thy Kingdom come as it is in heaven."

He replied "Hey I need to talk with you more"

I said "You will" and continued on as I had to go to the conference.

I look forward to our conversation we will have on his front porch.

So that's what's up with picking up trash in the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment