Friday, August 2, 2013

Celebrate!



Today is one of those days that you hope a year from now, you will be celebrating someone's graduation.

Not from school, but a discipleship program for the homeless.

Today I took a man, who has been in and out of the shelter system for the last two years and placed him in Good Samaritan Ministries.

This is a conservative Christian discipleship program to introduce men to a personal relationship with God and then teach them to be disciples.

Most men would not like it. I have spoken to quite a few.

It's not for everyone, but he sure was excited about the potential.

I am thrilled that for the next year he won't have to worry about where he will sleep, eat or shower.

He was thrilled for the opportunity. 

We had lunch together there and then I left with a BIG smile on my face.

I have met on numerous occasions the executive director of the program and we have enjoyed stories of how God has moved in our lives.

I am looking forward to the story that will unfold a year from now.

Please pray that this man will stick with it for the next twelve months and start a new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment