Friday, January 17, 2014

It Pays to Eaves Drop!

Last night I got the good news!

As Charles and Cory walked into my living room I asked with bated breathe, did you get the job?

Cory said with a big smile, yes!

He starts Today!

For two years Charles and I have been regular customers at The Dairy Bar.

Just about every week we would go there to meet and have breakfast.

Yesterday morning was pretty typical with the only exception that my wife joined us.

As I was paying the bill the owner of the Dairy Bar was on the phone.

It was obvious the person on the other end was asking about applying for a job.

When Bill hung up the phone I inquired if he was hiring.

He looked a little befuddled!

I wasn't looking for a job, but I knew someone who was.

At that point I called everyone to the register.

Charles, my wife and I all began giving the owner glowing references for our friend Cory.

It wasn't but a few hours later Cory had a job!

Cory has come from being homeless this past summer, to finding stable housing, lots of odd jobs to now having a stable job!

When we know of a need don't hide it!

Use your network and your influence.

Always be prepared in all circumstances to put the need out there, even if you have to eavesdrop on a friends conversation!


No comments:

Post a Comment