Monday, April 15, 2013

Unbelievable! I thought hospitals were to CARE for people!

On Saturday I received a call concerning a friend of mine.

He was having some serious medical issues.

He was confused and disoriented.

He couldn't remember the last 24 hours.

An ambulance was called and he was taken to the hospital.

I followed the ambulance and then waited an 1 1/2 hrs before I could go back and see him.

The emergency room was like organized chaos!

After several hours my friend received an IV.

As the evening went on he became more agitated. He was finally administered some medication to calm him down.

He fell asleep and I went home that night planning on seeing him the next day at the hospital.

I received a text the next morning at about 7 am.

My friend explained to me that he was woken up at 3am from a dead sleep.

He was asked if he was feeling better and then RELEASED from the hospital at 3am!

He then proceeded to walk home in the dark with no money, no wallet, no phone and no ride!

I called Charles that morning to get his input.

Charles is a man of years of experience. He said that was normal behavior for the hospital.

This is how you are treated when you are homeless and without insurance.

Even though I can understand the money issue to some degree, does that make it right to put some one out at 3am?

1 comment:

  1. I have heard from a friend in California today that says it happens all the time out there!

    ReplyDelete