Friday, April 12, 2013

It does work!

I was speaking with Charles today and he told me that Paul got a job!

Paul is a man who ended up here in Richmond by way of New York.

He literally left everything and got on a bus to Richmond.

Charles took Paul in a couple of months ago. 

He had no where to go.

That first day I met Paul was the first day he had run into Charles.

I thought to myself why not give him some work to do.

I was fixing up my house to put it on the market to sell. I needed some help moving some mulch.

Paul accepted my offer and I picked him up the next day.

Paul did an awesome job around the house.

I thought Paul would serve as a great employee for whoever would take a chance on him.

For weeks now, Charles has been trying to find Paul a job. 

Charles took him in with no money and no income, but gave him a chance at a new start!

Today Paul got another chance at a fresh start with a new job!

If you provide the housing for the Urban Camper, then that opens doors for so much more.

I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know Paul and look forward to the days to come when I too will be his neighbor.

Housing First, works and allows people to get back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment