Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Slice of Heaven!


Yesterday I got to see God move.

On my prayer walk there is a young boy who stands at the corner waiting for the school bus.

I have seen him daily for months now.

Every morning I try to speak to him, but I hardly get a response.

I know that along this journey it takes a lot of patience to build some trust in a complete stranger.

I remember one morning long ago, I approached this particular corner and the young boy was standing next to some trash.

I said my good morning and barely got a response, but as I walked up to him to pick up the trash he said "Sir I didn't put that there!"

I replied "Don't worry I didn't think you did".

Every morning after that we continued the same routine, I would say good morning and he would barely respond.

Yesterday was different.

As I walked around the corner to pick up some trash, the boy stood beside me and asked me a question.

He asked " Is this a hobby of yours?"

I couldn't believe it!

I turned in shock and thought about what I should say.

At first I said "No".

I wasn't prepared, but God was.

I proposed a question to him.


The boy was quite puzzled. He didn't know what to say. 

I am sure he thought, what kinda question is that?

He shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know.

I then told him about what the bible said in the Lord's Prayer.

"Thy Kingdom come thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven".

"I'm just trying to create a little slice of Heaven".

His response was priceless.

With a BIG ole smile on his face he said "yea, yea!"

At that point I knew he got it!

I had never seen him smile like that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment