Sunday, October 6, 2013

Disgusting!

This weekend it hit me how much disgrace has been brought on Christians.

The term Christian I will define as a follower of Jesus Christ.

What I have learned from my time spent in the Hood, is how much damage has been done to the name of The Church.

The Church being made up followers of Christ or Christians.

So called Christians, have acted in ways that have confused and disgusted those watching.

The name Christian has been used as a means to get what people want.

Money, sex, and drugs are the end result.

It saddens me to see God's Church being abused as such.

Yet I know a God who can overcome such things and turn what was meant for harm into good.

It is exciting to be a part of the process of showing Christ's true love to others who have seen just the opposite.

There is a long way to go, but exciting to think about what could be and will be.

Do you want to be a part of that change?

What can you do to show what it means to be a true follower of Christ?

There are so many people who need God's love.

The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.

What may be seen as disgusting today I believe will be a beautiful picture of God's Church in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment