Monday, October 28, 2013

The Other Day I Became a Rat

I looked up the definition of a rat on Wikipedia.

"It is a term (noun and verb) in criminal slang for an informant - ""to rat on someone"" is to betray them by informing the authorities of a crime or misdeed they committed."

So here's my story:

One day I was having breakfast in Highland Park and I noticed someone across the street.

The man looked familiar to me. 

I stared a little more and noticed that it was one of the men from Charles' house.

Two things occurred to me.

First off, this was not the place to be hanging out. 

It happens to be a place to drink or do drugs.

Secondly was I going to rat this guy out to Charles.

I decided the best thing to do was to call Charles.

When I spoke with him, he said he was going to do a drive by.

This means that Charles wanted this individual to know that he saw him and what he was doing.

Not long after that, Charles took the man to detox.

He was in such bad shape the man spent the day in the emergency room. He was very unstable.

He eventually ended up in a rehab facility.

Charles explained to me that ratting him out saved his life.

As Charles would say "That's what we do, we save lives!"

If being a rat saves a life, I'll be a rat!


No comments:

Post a Comment