Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What puts a smile on your face?


Over a year ago I started going through my closet and finding clothes that I no longer wear.

I thought to myself that I could give them away to the homeless!

I then had my daughter go through my sons closet and do the same thing. The boys had gone off to college! 

Time to clean house!

I started by cruising down town Richmond and handing out the clothes to the homeless!

My son James used to joke with me that he would be on the look out for some of my clothes down town!

He lives in the VCU area!

Well tonight after over a year, it finally happened to me. 

I was at the Alpha and Omega church near Broad and the Boulevard as part of a bible study for the homeless.

In walked a man wearing a RVC volleyball sweatshirt! 




I looked real hard and there on his sleeve was the name "Huber"!

That was the name of my twin boys best friend in high school!

I guess it got left at our house over the years!

My daughter said to me "that it got better use than sitting in the boys closet". 

She couldn't be more right and it put a big smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment