Sunday, January 6, 2013

Patience




What is the definition of patience?

Wikipedia describes it as follows:

"Patience is the level of endurance one can take before negativity. It is also used to refer to the character trait of being steadfast."

I have always associated patience with time!

We live in a world that wants things fast, such as instant messaging, movies on demand, or even fast food!

I have grown up seeing our demands for things to happen faster and faster.

This has been my hang up with the homeless situation. I want to see it end right NOW!

Sally Steenland wrote and interesting article about Ending Homelessness in 2013.

As I reflect on the idea of patience I am beginning to see that it has more to do with learning and growing then it does time.


Am I where I need to be to make a difference?

Am I knowledgeable about the issues?

Am I ready?

I know that God has me on a journey and I want to be ready in his time!

God will bring the pieces together despite my lack of patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment