Thursday, January 17, 2013

Give! Time not your money! (Part 1)

One of the most important lessons I have learned over the last year is that it is going to take a lot of patience and time to solve homelessness.

Time not money!

I have heard it said over and over again that we are spending more money than ever before on issues like poverty and yet there is more poverty than ever before!

So if we give our time in order to help solve homelessness what does that look like?

It involves spending time with individuals on the street getting to know them.

Now that can be a scary thought for most folks and it was and still is for me!

I am like a fish out of water!

But God has a plan to reveal his love to ALL!

If we spend time with folks, we build trust, with trust comes the opportunity to share the good news of Christ with someone!

With Christ all things are possible!

Over the past year or more, I gave up fishing on a weekly basis. 

Don't get me wrong, I still love the sport!

I love to fish! 

I made the conscious decision to take that time and start fishing for ways to solve homelessness.

Start fishing for men!

I have never regretted it once!

I have seen God move in ways I could have never imagined. 

I put myself out there scared to death, but knowing God was with me!

I have had more thrills and excitement, than any 9 lb large mouth bass or 58 lb catfish could ever give me!

I made a choice to give of my time to a calling of God in reaching out to the homeless.

It didn't take money, but it did take time!

PS Tomorrow I will share a video that will challenge you to rethink what it means to combat poverty!

No comments:

Post a Comment