Sunday, November 10, 2013

Another Man Has Found a Home! It won't be in the woods anymore!

The past few days have been a whirlwind.

On Wednesday night I received a call from my daughter in Newport News.

She called to say she knew someone in Midlothian who was homeless, a young man in his twenties.

She heard about the man from her old roommate.

The roommate told my daughter about her father who lives in Southside and how he had come into contact with this young man.

The father happens to be an old friend who served with me on a Young Life committee.

He was looking for some help for this young man.

I spoke with my friend on Thursday morning as I was driving to work.

So the need traveled from Midlothian to Newport News to the City of Richmond.

How cool is that?

The young man was at the end of his rope. 

He had hit his bottom.

He showed up last Sunday in a church service on southside desperate for help.

He had been living in the woods.

This Church is coming together to walk with this young man as he tries to get his life back on track.

There are so many more miracles that took place, but I can not elaborate because of the circumstances.

By Friday housing had been found for this young man.

He moves in over the weekend.

So God has brought together so many people from different places to do what only he can do, love on this young man and provide a safe place for him to live!

Another person won't be sleeping in the woods tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment