Sunday, November 3, 2013

Regional Cooperation Does Exist!

This past week I got an interesting phone call from Anne who works with Va Supportive Housing in Charlottesville.

She was calling me to extend an invitation to a reception for The Crossings.

The reception was to celebrate all the success that they have had.

The Crossings is an apartment building to house the chronically homeless as well as low income families.

I had never met Anne and asked how she got my name.

She said she had read an article about The Homeless Retreat in a local paper back in March.

It was great fun exchanging stories and getting to know each other.

I look forward to seeing all that is going on in Charlottesville.

I already know that Richmond could learn a lot from the example that Charlottesville has set.

I pulled this from The Crossings website.

"With support from the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County, The Crossings is a regional solution to homelessness."

I look forward to the day that Richmond will see a regional solution to homelessness!

No comments:

Post a Comment