Saturday, March 9, 2013

Not just a phone call!


Today I received a phone call from Shelton, who went on the homeless retreat.

Shelton and I spent yesterday together working on my house to put it up for sale.

We had a blast dreaming together about the possibility of providing housing for the homeless.

The idea is to provide housing first, then people can get their act together and start all over again.

A house that would show the love of Christ and disciple men to follow Christ.

They wouldn't have to worry about where they were going to sleep that night or if they were going to be safe.

Shelton called me to say that he had conducted a small survey of some 20-25 people on the street. 

He did this on his own!

He asked men on the street what would it mean to them if they were provided a place to stay like a house with 2-3 men in it.

The over whelming response was that it would allow them the opportunity to get a fresh start.

Shelton said "Keep dreaming I think you are on to something!"

I couldn't be more thrilled that he called and had taken on this initiative himself.

I would never have dreamed a year ago that I would be receiving calls like this from a homeless man!

Shelton myself, and others are praying and dreaming big about what only God can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment