Monday, September 30, 2013

Chance Meeting on a Bridge?

On Friday as I was driving across the bridge, I saw one of my guys.

I refer to some men as my guys because they went on a retreat with me this past February.

I was headed to Mt Moriah to visit "Richmond Friends of the Homeless" who we're serving lunch that day.

I did a u-turn as I hung up the phone on Charles.

There was John (not his real name).

I came along side him and asked if he wanted a ride to Mt Moriah for lunch.

He said OK and hopped in the car.

It was great to see him. 

He seemed pleasantly surprised as well.

John seems to have his own set of challenges, but has always been willing to talk with me.

He was grateful for the ride.

When we arrived John got out and took his place in line.

After lunch I went up to John and asked if he would be willing to meet with a friend of mine who works for Pathways to Life.

To my surprise he said he would and he gave me his phone number.

I'm praying that some help will come from that meeting and that I can learn some more about how to help the men and women on the streets.

I love how God brings about divine appointments because I don't believe they are just by chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment