Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl has nothing to do with football!



Last night I drove up into the parking lot and saw a familiar face.

There was Vickie getting out of her car. I approached the car to say hello.

We exchanged pleasantries and then I asked if Shelton had explained to her my idea of a retreat for the homeless.

She said no, but wanted to know more.

We entered a large room that was setup to watch the big game with about 50-60 people mostly from the homeless community.

Vickie and I sat down at a table and I began to share this idea of taking some guys off the streets for a few days and building relationships with them. 

Building a level of trust and love!

She liked the idea and wanted to help make it happen.

I asked that she would share with me a list of men that might benefit from the retreat.

She said that she would begin to create a list.

As I sat and watched the game from the back of the room I could only be encouraged that this idea could be the start of something really big!

It was inspiring to see all the men and women from the streets enjoying themselves for the next few hours.

What if that same enjoyment could last a few days, weeks, months or a lifetime?

No the Super Bowl had nothing to do with football! 

It had everything to do with vision and with lives being transformed!


No comments:

Post a Comment