Friday, February 1, 2013

Coincidence? I think not!

The other day I received an email from a friend who lives in the West End and happens to go to my church.

Nelson,

A few days ago, I stopped to talk to a guy on the corner near the Wawa gas station at Forest Hill and Chippenham Pkwy. Thought he was homeless, but turns out he is just down on his luck and looking for work. He handed me his resume, and I thought I would pass it on in case you had any opportunities or ideas on how to help him. He said he is good at working with his hands and building things.


Thanks,
Frank


The Wawa happens to be on the Southside!

Here is the rest of the conversation.

Frank,

I can't believe you met Robert!!!!!
I wrote about him a few weeks ago!


I have been praying about how I can help him!
It's a long story but one I would enjoy telling you more about some time!
I have talked with Robert a few times and have given him a cup of coffee a couple of mornings when it was really cold!
I am still trying to build up trust with him.

I LOVE how God brings things together!

Nelson



Frank replied:

Small world. I've seen him a couple times on that corner. Last week it was so cold and I wanted to make sure he at least had something warm to eat or drink.
Sorry I missed your post. Would be glad to hear more, he seems like an interesting guy.

Thanks,
Frank

So I asked Frank if I could share our conversation this morning and this is his reply.

Yes, you can post my email. And yes, I live in the west end. My office is near Chesterfield airport, so sometimes I take Chippenham Pkwy to work. I occasionally get gas at the Wawa on Forest Hill and that is where I saw Robert standing with his sign.

I know you said you were trying to build trust with him... but the funny thing is that Robert told me he was trying to build trust with you. I think he believes that you didn't think he was legit. He's wants to show you (and others) that he is really looking for work instead of asking for money. I told him you would be looking out for him and that we all are praying for him.

I usually take 288 to work, but have intentionally gone Chippingham Pkwy a few times lately so I could stop and talk with Robert and help him out.


So what are the chances that a friend of mine who lives in the West End would run into the same guy I have been praying for?

God is having some fun bringing the puzzle pieces together!

It's no coincidence!

It's just plain fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment