Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Build it, and they will come!



That title is playing off a quote from the movie "Field of Dreams".

The actual quote was "If you build it, he will come".

I happen to believe both quotes are applicable.

Last night at the Alpha and Omega Church I received a list of 12 men that want to go on the first ever Homeless Retreat!

I spent time talking with half the guys and they were all very excited.

I reviewed with them some of the expectations and the rough draft of what we would be doing.

They all seemed very interested and couldn't wait.

One of the guys is even going to come to Atlee this Thursday night to help plan the retreat.

I knew it was big, when folks came up to me who were not even going on the retreat and said "Thank you for doing this. It is needed."

I say "Build it and they will come" and sure enough 12 men have signed up!

But in the movie it states "If you build it, he will come." 

I know God is going to show up in a big way!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Will the meeting on Thursday night affect the person's ability to get back to shelter that same evening?

    ReplyDelete