Monday, December 22, 2014

Feels Good!

This article is inspiring.

Two boys at a very early age put on a Christmas dinner for the homeless.

It is amazing to watch two young brothers be so generous.

At the end of the story they state that it "feels good" to help people.

http://wivb.com/2014/12/20/brothers-serve-dinner-to-the-homeless/

I would encourage folks to consider not just what feels good or makes you happy, but what are you called to do.

Happiness is based on a moment in time. 

I have learned that if I do things for the homeless based on just how it makes me feel, it won't last.

I have been hurt, disappointed, lied to and much more. 

I have wanted to quit.

I didn't like how it made me feel.

Joy comes from a calling.

Oswald Chambers writes

"Joy comes from seeing the complete fulfillment of the specific purpose for which I was created and born again, not from successfully doing something of my own choosing. The joy our Lord experienced came from doing what the Father sent Him to do. And He says to us, “As the Father has sent Me, I also send you” (John 20:21). "

A calling does not always feel good, but there is joy in knowing your calling.

I am called to help solve homelessness.

What is your calling?

No comments:

Post a Comment