Thursday, April 9, 2015

House for the Homeless



In the next couple of weeks I will be starting something new and exciting.

I am purchasing a nice home a block away from where I live and less from where I work.

This home will become a discipleship house for three men who were living on the streets of Richmond.

When I was 20 something I too lived in a discipleship house. 

It was a time in my life where my relationship with Christ really blossomed.

I have met three men who have interviewed for a spot in the house.

I like to say the house is open to anyone, but not everyone will want to live there.

It is important to have boundaries, but not everyone is ready for that.

You don't have to love Jesus, but you have to be willing to hear about Him.

This is something new and I am experimenting with the idea of creating a really nice environment for them to live in.

This will not be a flop house or some hole in the wall.

What impact could a nice environment have on an individual who has spent the last few years on the streets?

What impact could Jesus have on an individual? 

EVERYTHING!

Stay tune as I keep you informed as to how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment