Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Don't stop!

NA = Narcotics Anonymous

Last night I went to an NA meeting for only the second time in a years time.

The first time I went I was nervous. 

I was there to celebrate a friend's 7 year anniversary of being drug and alcohol free.

Last night was to celebrate year eight!

This time I was not nervous. 

I was there to learn from the men and women who struggle with addiction.

I was amazed by the openness and honesty that was presented.

It was raw and true to life on the streets.

There was a family of camaraderie in the room.

Men and women who were looking out for one another.

One gentleman shared that he had been clean for some 23 years and yet he almost slipped up very recently.

He expressed his need to stay connected with the group in order to stay on the path of being clean.

Their reliance on God came through loud and clear as well!

I was thrilled to see three individuals step forward and say that they were there for the very first time.

I was honored to be there and learn from them. 

Accountability and Love of God were the things I learned last night.

Don't ever stop learning even if your an old dog like me!

PS Congratulations for year eight! You know who you are and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment