Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I hate serving people!

Last year we hosted Caritas - Richmond's homeless shelter.

I learned a whole lot about service.

It's not just about serving a meal and providing a place to stay.

I used to pat myself on the back every time I served a homeless person with a bag of clothes.

It's not about me!

Instead of coming here to serve the homeless I encourage everyone to get to know each other.

Service alone will not change a life.

Building a relationship WILL!

I know because I have seen several lives changed.

As a matter of fact last year (when we hosted Caritas) we met a woman who was homeless and through an initial conversation her life changed.

I witnessed this woman, who got off the streets that Saturday and within a few days she got a job.

This happened because someone chose to be her friend and not just serve her a meal.

She then was presented with the Gospel by her new friend.

She began a relationship with Jesus Christ and I baptized her a few months later.

That's the definition of Life Change!

It started with a conversation and then someone invested their time and became her friend.

If you would like to be a part of life change then join us as we host Caritas Oct 10-17.


Just follow this link to sign up and get involved.


Help us change lives one person at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment