Sunday, May 17, 2015

A New Home.

Today I got the news from a friend.

"We got a place!"

The story starts several months ago when I received a phone call.

Pastor King called me to say that a family was being evicted in three hours with no place to go.

Can I help?

I didn't know what to do, but I called some other folks to help.

The church stepped in and guided this family through the extremely complicated web of services available to those in need.

The family had no resources and didn't know where to turn.

The church put them up in a hotel for a time while we could pool together all the other resources.

Connections were made and the family ended up at Home Again.

In a matter of a couple of months Home Again helped the family find a home.

Today the family came up to me after the service.

"We got a place!"

They were so excited! 

They fully understood how God had blessed them.

They now want to share their story and encourage others of how God has moved through the people of the church.

They truly want to help and serve others as well.

This is the way the church can make a difference in the life of a family!

Everybody needs to get involved in some way and watch God show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment