Monday, June 2, 2014

Hosting the Homeless

The week of June 21st - June 28th Atlee Community Church - Northminster Campus will be hosting Caritas (Local Homeless Shelter).

We hosted almost 40 women last month. 

I wrote something about it the other week.

If you are interested in walking along side these women for an evening or two please drop me a line and I will get you some more info.

This is not about just serving a meal. 

This is about caring enough about a person to make a difference in their lives, not yours.

I might be coming off a little strong, but there needs to be a change in how we serve each other.

The homeless are not some kind of disease.

This is not about how it makes you feel, but what it truly means to serve your fellow man.

This is about dignity, respect and most of all Love!

I know this might sound like I am standing on a soapbox preaching.

The truth is, I am confessing all the many thoughts I had about the homeless just three short years ago.

God has opened my eyes and my heart.

I view people through his eyes now and not my judgmental lenses!

If you want to be a part of life change then come out and join us.

The last time we hosted, lives were changed!

Not only the people who served, but a young woman is now in a home and employed!

No comments:

Post a Comment