Friday, May 2, 2014

The Work Being Done While on Vacation

I am so proud of my Church!

I am thousands of miles away and wish I could be a part of what will happen in just over a week's time.

Just yesterday I received an email asking if we could help with the local homeless shelter.

They needed a church at the last minute to host 30-40 women who are in transition for a week.

I was at a loss since I am halfway across the world.

In my absence my Church has stepped up to help the homeless.

I have dreamed of this day coming, but assumed I would be there to participate.

God always seems to surprise me.

To see the Church step up in this way is a beautiful thing.

It represents the Church at its best, helping the "the least of these".

I pray that the Church will love on these women in a way that they will know they are loved by God!

Thank you Atlee Community Church for being the Church!

The Church is truly the hope of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment