Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Connection

Yesterday I made the second of three connections.

The first connection took place over a week ago.

Last Sunday a friend of mine from Church, asked if I could follow up on someone she met the week before.

She was at work at VCU when she ran into a homeless guy at the engineering school.

He was trying to get out of the weather.

His name was John (not his real name).

My friend wasn't quite sure what to do, so she got his phone number and decided to contact me.

Yesterday I reached out to John to see if my friend, Charles and I could help him.

The second connection was when we met up at the library and got to know one another for the first time.

This is when you try to build up some trust.

I gave John a backpack full of food, personal items and some socks.

The backpack came from a small group at Church that put together 15 of them to give away to those in need.

John seemed interested in getting some help and taking the next step.

He has been on the streets for 11 days.

Charles and John were to connect this morning, but that didn't happen.

Charles tried calling John, but he didn't answer his phone.

I thought we might be headed down another dead end.

The third connection just happened a few minutes ago when I got a call from John.

We spoke about what happened this morning and we are going to try again tomorrow.

Let's pray that we make the fourth connection and we can help John get off the streets!

The start of the connections happened because of a caring heart!

A life might just be saved because someone took the time to get to know a perfect stranger.

Thanks Cindy!

No comments:

Post a Comment